Saturday, November 5, 2011

Medicare and the liars who want to lead us to the death panels

For 20 years I've been hearing politicians exclaiming that competition by private companies will lower health care costs and for 20 years my health care costs have risen. I have one thing to say to these politicians. Stop with the bull shitting already! The only prosperity a plan to replace Medicare with private insurance will be for the stock holders of the insurance companies while the average elderly American will undoubtedly watch their savings evaporate or, when they truly get ill, find themselves unable to obtain insurance (what company is really going to offer a policy to a 75 year old in a nursing home receiving dialysis three times a week unless they are forced to?) 
I don't expect social security and medicare to be present as is by time I need it in a quarter century, and I really don't mind having to work past 67 (if I am able), at least part time.  but I hate being outright lied to by pandering politicians who are probably in bed with the health care companies who have no problems with leaving the 99% to fight over sloppy seconds. As the last decade has shown, from the Enron rolling blackouts to the Wall Street mess, the corporatization of America and the magic invisible hand of capitalism doesn't always work well, unless you are at the very top of the heap and have an idiotic public who believes these lies, which we are. 
The chances for prosperity and freedom aren't supposed to only be for the 1%, they are supposed to be for all of us. And somewhere I like to think that means living an old age without having enough money to afford the premium cat food so I can still function somehow. Obama isn't bringing us death panels sheeple, it is the those who want to sell us a golden future of private health care that can be denied.

No comments: